- 1 yard of muslin (practice fabric)
- Dressmaker Scissors
- Dressmaker Pins - with ball heads
- Tape Measure
- Metal Sliding Seam Gauge
- #2 Pencil
- Sewing Machine Needles - Schmetz 80/12 Universal
- Polyester Sewing Thread
- Fabric Marking Tool
- Glue Stick
- Seam Ripper
- Pin Cushion (optional)
- Safety Pins (optional)
For a first project, we recommend a pillowcase.
Fabric Requirements: (Fabric should be 100% woven cotten NOT a knit)
Main Fabric (select size)
Standard - 3/4 yard
Queen - 30"
King - 33"
Cuff - 1/3 yard
Accent - 1/8 yard
Note: The cuff is the border fabric around the open end of the pillowcase and the accent fabric will be stitched in
between the main fabric and the cuff.
Other Beginner Project Possibilities: (patterns not provided)
- Pajama pants-flannel fabric (Prewash fabrics to be used for clothing prior to cutting)
- Tote bag- medium weight cotton/poly fabric
- Decorator pillow
Most notions and some fabrics may be purchased in our store.